Planning to reduce the impact on your client’s legacy
As you know, Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning is no longer reserved for the very rich. In 2012/13 around £3.1bn was taken in IHT receipts. By 2015/16, this increased to just over £4.6bn – an increase of over 48%!
With house prices continuing to rise, IHT is likely to apply to many of your clients whose total assets exceed the £325,000 IHT limit for 2017/2018.
This means there are a number of opportunities for you to help your clients:
- Planning for IHT on their own estates
- Helping beneficiaries manage their inheritance.
The average house price in England and Wales is more than half of the current IHT threshold?
IHT planning solutions from Prudential
To help you maximise your estate planning conversations, our technical team have come up with a number of detailed case studies based on concepts that bring to life a 'financial family', allowing the adviser audience to draw parallels with client situations, this will include:
- Family tree
- Pen Portraits - age and marital status
- Vital statistics - financial information, income expenditures, assets and liabilities
- Biograhy to include key financial needs
We also have a number of specially designed boxsets to help you with your ongoing continuous professional development. Find out more.
Prudence Inheritance Bond
This innovative product aims to provide clients with a flexible income stream while providing a capital sum on death for beneficiaries.
Its exceptional structure means that it offers three distinctive features:
- A natural income stream: it pays the income naturally generated by the investment, so this will not eat into the beneficiaries' inheritance.
- Flexibility to take or save the natural income: any natural income not required can be reinvested for the future in a choice of funds and taken at any time. It will be treated as part of the clients estate for IHT purposes.
- Potential income tax benefits: it is designed to minimise the chance of chargeable event gain on death, which could mean a substantial saving.
Find out more about our range of trusts and bonds
Prudential's range of trusts that can be used with Prudential and Prudential International's bonds:
For more information on the Prudential ISA speak to your Account Manager today.
For more information speak to your Account Manager today.
For more information on the Retirement Account speak to you Account Manager today.
Our Technical Helpline Specialists can help you with generic technical product queries, tax issues relating to life and pension products, trusts, pensions legislation, detailed fund information and comparisons.
03457 111 213
Lines open Mon - Fri 10:00am - 4:00pm
Calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and security purposes.