Discounted Gift Trust Tax Calculator - IHT calculator
This calculator can give you a basic indication of the potential inheritance tax charges that may arise on a discretionary trust. There are three types of calculator, relating to different types of trust: a gift trust, a loan trust and a discounted gift trust.
For each calculator: you simply select the charge you want to estimate, input the relevant information, such as the amount of the gift into trust, and then read off the result.
This calculator is designed for your own use only and should not be used with clients. It is designed to help you assess the level of tax charges that may arise, either immediately or in the future, for a particular gift into trust. However, it does not take into account all the possible individual circumstances that could affect the tax position and it depends on criteria you choose, such as the annual growth rate on the trust fund, so you should treat the results as an indication and not a forecast.
This calculator should not be taken as offering advice or any recommendation. Circumstances in the future may change a person's inheritance tax position.
This calculator is based on our understanding, as at March 2013, of current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, all of which may change without notice. The impact of taxation (and any tax reliefs) depends on individual circumstances.
|Launch the Calculator|
|(this will open in a new window)|
The calculators require Microsoft Excel (version 97 or later)
2. Microsoft Excel is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.
3. Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in respect of The Software is, and shall remain at all times, in the ownership of Prudential.
4. The Software shall be for your own use and shall not be given, sold, loaned to or allowed to be used by any person not employed by or contracted to you.
5. You may make one copy of The Software for security back up purposes. These conditions shall apply to any copy made.
6. You must not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise tamper with The Software contained within the calculator(s).
7. We may, from time to time, issue amended or updated versions of The Software. Should this occur, this will then become the current version of The Software at any time.
8. Prior to release of this Software, we have carried out virus checks using up-to-date virus-checking software. We do however recommend that you carry out such checks as you consider appropriate prior to using the calculator(s). We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage caused by the continued presence of a virus which has not been detected by the virus checking software.
9. The Software has been prepared in accordance with our understanding of the Guidelines of the Financial Services Authority and current taxation, legislation and HM Revenue & Customs practice, as at March 2013, all of which are liable to change without notice.
10. We have applied care and skill to produce The Software to a professional standard. However, we cannot guarantee that The Software is free of errors or omissions, nor can liability be accepted for any losses, howsoever incurred, arising from the use of The Software.
Full terms and conditions are available on request.